Friday, September 12, 2008

Thank You

I promise this is my last serious post for awhile!

A week ago today my little niece Daniel died. We have now discovered that is was a rare form of heart disease that she wouldn't have lived a very long life even if it was discovered. This week I was given the privilege to do some things I never thought I was capable of. I made her burial dress and then went in and made hand and feet casts for her parents of her little feet and hands. What an experience.

I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves us, each of us. I am grateful to have the knowledge that Daniel is not suffering- that she is perfect. I feel for my brother and sister in-law but due to my belief that we are all sons and daughters of God I can rejoice in having had one of Father's chosen spirits in our family. I know my Father lives and I know that if I live righteously and I teach my children the same that we will live with Him again and be an eternal family. What wonderful news to be a family forever- that even death cannot separate me from my loved ones. For I will be with them again someday.

But my testimony would not be complete without my gratitude for my Savior. How comforting it is to know that no matter how hard this life is He paid the price for me. He knows exactly how I feel. How grateful that I have an older brother that loved me and my family so much that he died so we may live again.

The greatest gift I have been given in this world is my belief, my belief in my Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ. I have also come to realize if I am not willing to share that gift shame on me. So for you, my friends, please always feel that you can ask me about my love of my Savior. I will always be open.

Thank You.

5 comments:

Lara said...

My heart and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony...I'm sure your faith is a great strength in your family.

robin said...

just want you to know that you are in my thoughts. thanks for your testimony on Sunday.

Shannon P. said...

Oh Kim you are amazing. How blessed your brother and sister in law are to have you.I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

What a trail for your family to go through. It's so good to know that these trials are for our benefit. It sounds like you have all been a great support to each other--how wonderful! Take care--you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hats & Hair from Kids who Care said...

Cried when I read this and thought of you. It was so good to talk to you. We truly need to do it more often.

With Hope-by Steven Curtis Chapman

This is not at all, how we thought it was supposed to be

We had so many plans for you, we had so many dreams

And now you've gone away and left us with the memories of your smile

And nothing we can say and nothing we can do can take away the pain, the pain of losing you,

but, we can cry with hope, we can say good bye with hope, Cause we know our good bye is not the end

And we can grieve with hope, 'cause we believe with hope there's a place by God's grace

There's a place where we'll see your face again, we'll see your face again

And never have I know anything so hard to understand

Never have I questioned more, the wisdom of God's plan

But through the cloud of tears I see the Father's smile and say "well done"

And I imagine you where you wanted most to be, seeing all your dreams come true, cause now you're home and now you're free and...

We have this hope as an anchor 'cause we believe that everything God promised us is true so....

We wait with hope, we ache with hope, we hold on with hope, we let go with hope

God Bless & Believe