Monday, February 1, 2010

Food Storage isn't Just for Family Time!!

So I think the neighborhood kids are going to think twice before they ask to come over to our house on a Saturday afternoon!!! Monte and I borrowed the church's caner (not sure how to spell that)and spent the day canning corn and beans.
Kaitlyn was my little helper all morning long. She labeled boxes and cans like a trooper.



When Kaitlyn's friend came over to "play", she jumped right in and helped also. These girls made this a lot more fun and they really were helpful.

Speaking of helpful, he was not so helpful. But he did love playing in all the corn I dropped on the ground.
Sydney THOUGHT that she was pretty helpful. She had a lot of fun helping mom put the corn into the cans.

Britton and his friend had the hardest job of all. They carried all the boxes of food downstairs when we were finished!! Thanks boys, sorry I interrupted your hours of playing video games!!


When the girls were done with all their hard work. They enjoyed some cookies and milk, for a job well done!!
Then they did their own science project. They wanted to find out if the corn I was canning would also turn into popcorn.
Once again for your great love of science. Only a few of the kernels popped into popcorn, but when they burn they smell just like burnt popcorn!!!
(Which then sent me after my cleaner, and what takes that smell out of the microwave?) :)
Got to love science!

2 comments:

Lara said...

That's my favorite kind of family activity--everyone helping AND having fun together!

Charlene said...

what a great family activity, and a teaching moment for your kids to see the importance of food storage in your family!