Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Last Moments of Peace

I write this while my two little ones are in the tub near by. I am quietly sitting here enjoying my last few moments before summer vacation officially begins!!!
Yeah!! With year round school that means three weeks to pack in the entire summer!! So between scout camps, family visitors, and the occasional trip to the pool!! It will be one rocking summer break!!
But the beauty is- no homework, no forcing kids out of bed in the morning, no forcing kids in bed at night, relax...hangout...! But definitely no peace and quiet. So good bye computer time by myself as the two little ones play in the tub!!
See you in a month!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Year round school? I seriously didn't know there were places that still did that. We're three weeks into our summer break and I feel like we're just beginning to regain a sense of normalcy and routine (in a laid-back summer kind of way) to our lives again. I can't imagine sending them back to school again next week.

When do they do scout camp, girls' camp, youth conferences, and such? Is there a time when everyone is off at the same time?

Sorry for the pepper of questions, I'm just curious at how it all works.

Good luck with your super short vacation.

Lara said...

Oops...next time I'll read more carefully first as I see you mentioned scout camp in there. But even still do they do ALL of those activities in three weeks time? That sounds a little crazy for the leaders. I guess it would just take some time getting used to the system. (Sorry for the novel length comments).