Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Beach!

The second day of our family reunion was held at the beach. The family rented a pavilion and we had a wonderful time at the beach. One of the things I miss the most about not being in California any more is the beach. I grew up inland but a couple hours your there and having fun!

Chandler loved the water. He tried boogie boarding a few times but preferred just playing in the waves.


Kaitlyn did the whole girl thing. She would run in the sand and then when the wave came she would scream and run away. But she had a blast. Oh yeah, this picture is as close to boogie boarding that she got. She liked the little waves to come up and go under the board.


Now Britton on the other hand was never out of the water. He was out there with his aunts and uncle body surfing and everything. When I was out there with him a seal actually swam by! The water was cold but he must have stayed in it hours at a time. I think he would rather have done this than anything else we did on our trip.


Sydney was all about the sand. She played and built and she also would go ankle deep in the water to jump the waves if Papa was holding on to her. But she had fun in the sand. Which is better than last time I took her. If her feet came off the towel she would scream.


This is what Connor did with his day at the beach. He played in the sand for a few minutes and then fell asleep with the aid of Grandmalona and then Mema laid with him the rest of the afternoon. I think he took almost a 3 hour nap. But between the train yesterday and the 14 hour car ride the day before, who could blame him.

I have now decided a perfect vacation would be a week at a beach house!!

3 comments:

Cate said...

How fun! We got to go to my in-laws' in-laws' beach house a couple of times last week - Chad asked if I wanted him to just take Collin - no way! I think it was the first time I just laid out and read a book at the beach for years! Glad you had a fun summer.. so when are you coming down here to visit??

Charlene said...

let me know when you plan on doing that beach house vacation. I would love to join you if possible!!!

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.