Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's November 1st in Utah!!

Can you believe it? This is Connor in a diaper, on November 1st playing in the Great Salt Lake!! We had a great day. So I have a list of things and places I want to visit in Utah.
Since we live in Salt Lake one of those things is to see the Salt Lake!
We did this yesterday.
It was really fun.


The kids played in the water and were covered in a fine layer of salt!
It was so much fun watching them play out there,
especially knowing that we are going to be in winter soon.
We enjoyed the day thoroughly!

I don't know what Connor enjoyed more the water or the
tons and tons of sand!!


The water was low so the kids could run and play in the sand till their heart
was content and we could still see them from the pavilion.


So the whole reason we went to Antelope Island yesterday was for the annual buffalo run. We saw hundreds of buffaloes! It was a really neat experience. (We also learned their proper name is Bison not buffalo)

It was amazing to see the Bison up so close. We watched them run down the shoots
and even had to stop our car a few times for them to walk across the road.


On Antelope Island they have a ranch. We went there and looked at the old homes
that are there and the kids tried their hand at lassoing. This is the closest we
could get to family picture there. Connor was too busy running everywhere to let us sit him
down for a picture.


We had a wonderful day with our cousins!

8 comments:

dede said...

good thing you did that yesterday - today is too cold!! I had no idea their is an "annual buffalo run" - good to know!

Lara said...

Looks like fun!

Jody said...

Such a fun activity! And your kids didn't even complain about the smell?!? Thanks for letting us know about the annual buffalo run. We will have add this to our list of things to do. If you need anyone to help cross some of the "places to see" off your list, give me a call. Braxton and I are always ready to play with you guys!

Jodi said...

Cute family pictures. Looks like you had a fun time.

Saralin said...

I love warm fall weather. What else have you got on your "Utah List"?

robin said...

I have still not been to Antelope Island but I will eventually make my way out there I'm sure. You made me think though that I need to make a list of places to go and start working on it.

Shannon P. said...

WOW what a beautiful family you and Monte have. You should be so proud!

Shannon P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.