Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why Kaitlyn?!

So my daughter has had long hair and she wanted to cut it short last spring.
So she has been sporting a cute little
above the shoulder length hairdo.
Well then she decided she wanted
it to grow out again.
I don't care.
See in the picture it was growing nicely.
Then why, please someone explain to me,
did she take scissors to her hair!
I know that she knows better.
It isn't like she is a three year old. She is seven for goodness sakes,
just months away from the age of accountability!
Why?
But there is no punishment I can
give her that beats this hair.
She wanted it long and it is going to be
a very long time before she gets her wish.


Thankfully our neighbor cut it the best she could
to fix the mishap and curled it looks pretty cute.
To my chagrin
everyone tells her how cute her hair is!
Oh well maybe I have the next great
hairstylist living in my house.
But I did tell her if she touches her hair again she is grounded for a week!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Her beautiful hair!!!! I am so sorry Kim!!! I can imagine your pain...the agony...the frustration...the swearing...:)

Lara said...

It must be built into the genetic code of girls to try it at least once. Both Cami and Emma have done that as well. Both when they were old enough to know better. At least the cut looks cute. Emma completely cut her bangs off when she did it, which meant there was no way to hide the damage. It looked obnoxious for months!

robin said...

At least once a day one of my kids does something that I think "aren't you too old to be doing that?" apparently not!!! so you are in good company.

DocMisty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DocMisty said...

(Sorry - I'll try this again without all the typos)
Ahh - that brings back fond memories of my own cute little 'cut right next to the skin' bangs when I was a kid. And I only did an inch of my bangs, so I had a nice TeePee shape that my mom could do absolutely nothing with. Haha. Tell her Aunt Misty did it too :-)