Friday, March 6, 2009

Book of Mormon Challenge

Our book club this last month took on quite the
challenge, we read the Book of Mormon in
1 month time. (Please Note the shortest
month of the year was chosen!)
When our dear friend Sara said this was her book choice
for the month we all gave her a pretty
bad time about it! We teased her about
being the bishops wife, and on and on and on.
For my friends who are not members of my faith,
the Book of Mormon is 531 pages long, two columns
on each page of small text! But I soon discovered
AGAIN, the most amazing book I have ever read.
You cannot read this book and not feel completely loved
by your Father in Heaven. What an amazing
God he is to love us and give us
everything around us. He gave His Son for us.
His Son willingly gave His life for us. My love for my Savior has grown.
Thank you Sara
for taking the teasing and giving our group a wonderful
life altering experience.
If you have never read the Book of Mormon from cover
to cover in a month. I challenge you to do so. It is
a lot of reading but when you read it all at
once you learn so much! You see the BIG picture.
You see why it is so important.
You want to be a better mother, wife, and human being.
I know this book is true. I know it was written by
prophets of old. Give it a try you will not regret the hours
it takes you!

6 comments:

dede said...

I enjoyed your testimony - and totally agree with you! nicely said!

kat said...

kim...
i know that sara will be very happy to read about your appreciation of her choice... you are a great example to share your testimony so beautifully for all...

Saralin said...

Thanks for accepting the challenge. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Stacy said...

Even though I didn't get it finished. I am still reading and will finish before I start our next book....I enjoyed the conversation we had about it as a book and the different things each person got from reading it through as a novel.

Emily Horne said...

This was one of the best things I have ever done. I have read the Book of Mormon many times, but never so quickly. I also felt the love of my Father in Heaven and Savior while reading. It is easier going through adversity knowing you are watched over.

Fleming Family said...

How goes you challenge to get it read? I think that is a great idea for book club. I may stick to one book within the book per month, though. :)