Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Kaitlyn wants to know why we have Mother's Day and not Kid Day. I explained to her that everyday is Kid Day!!
You can't let this day pass without thinking of all the reasons you love being a mother:
*I love being called "momma" Syd started it a few months ago and it makes my heart warm.
*Sometimes I wish my mind could take a picture when your kids just smile so sweetly at you or they wave once more as they get out of the car to go to school.
*I love the creativity of kids
*I love getting to me "mean" (which translates to I care)
* I love hugs
* I love kisses
* I love Connor running for me when I get home
* I love waking up nest to Syd in my bed
* I am even learning to love pre-teens
* I love that right now I can smell my husband making breakfast (this rare occurrence!!)
Yeah for Mother's Day.
Now a small note of the mother's I have in my life!

Here is my mommy. She loves being a grandmother more than a mother I think. She is my best friend. I love our relationship and I love how much she loves my children. She loves to talk with each of them on the phone and when she is around they go to movies, the park and shopping!

Kaitlyn told her Grandmalona yesterday that her two favorite things to do are to garden and go shopping. She explained how lucky she is because she has a grandma to do both!! She is so right. My mom is definitely the shopping grandma!! We love you Mema!

As for my mother-in-law I am very blessed. I can honestly say that I love her. She is also my mother. I have always been treated as a daughter and I appreciate that. As for a grandmother she is wonderful. She comes to our house (and does yard work) and if that weren't enough she also always comes with puzzles and dates and things to do with the kids. They love her. Their favorite is if she is here at bed time and sings them to sleep. (I love that too!)

Also Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life who as I watch them being mothers it just makes me want to be better. Thank you and enjoy your day!

(because tomorrow you have to clean it all up!!)

1 comment:

dede said...

VERY NICE - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU AS WELL - HAVE FUN CLEANING UP TODAY!