Thursday, April 3, 2008

I am here!

It feels like forever since I was last able to blog. I have been pretty busy with life. Today Chandler had to go to the dentist and have quite a bit of dental work done so that always stresses me out. Why is it that I can stress out just as much when one of my kids are hurting as when I myself are in pain.

I have a complete phobia of going to the dentist. I was a child with a horrible man for a dentist. I have always been very anxious about going. What I didn't realize was that the anxiety of seeing the dentist is just as severe for me when my kids go!! It wasn't bad enough when I was single and dealt with the anxiety of going now I have 5 more individuals that I stress over.

Motherhood is more than you could ever describe to someone. How do you explain what if feels like to be a mother. What it feels like to watch your baby smile for the first time, or feel for your child as their feelings are hurt by another, or watch your young man receive the priesthood. All your hopes and desires are all rolled into you yet you are still trying to let them have their own hopes and dreams and let them feel disappointments. What a life. But I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for the opportunity I have been blessed with.

3 comments:

dede said...

i like to go to the dentist - you like to paint - we should have switched places! Nice thoughts on motherhood!

Charlene said...

We should get awards! I'm glad that you survived the dentist yet again!

Amy said...

I understand your anxiety. Mia just went to the dentist last week and I was told she has a mouthful of cavities, plus de-calcification. We have A LOT of upcoming dental work in our future. And if she can't behave well enough under Nitrous, they will have to use IV sedation on her. That's what scares me. I don't want to have to put my child under for hours just to do dental work. Cursed be evil candy and bad genes!