Friday, March 28, 2008

Mema

Okay so I am going to brag for a little while. I have a wonderful mother. She adores being a grandmother and she adores my kids!! (For no other reason that would make me love anyone-adore my kids you are good in my book!) Anyway when she found out she was going to be a grandma she searched and searched for the name she wanted to be called. Grandma Miller was already taken by my grandmother so she wanted her own identity. So she heard a little girl call her grandmother "mema". And so it began. My kids call her Mema!

I miss living near my mom. She loves to shop and go out to eat and I inherited that from her. She really is a great friend- of course we have our moments but for the most part I don't know how I have lived away from her this long.

Her last visit here her and Sydney started doing "Friends Forever" they hook their little pinkies and say "Friends forever!" Sydney loved it and would do it the whole weekend she was here. My mom is awesome with doing things for my kids that makes their childhood memorable and fun.

Her biggest sacrifice ever will be this time next year. If all goes well she and my dad will move here and make me so very happy, I can't even express it. But I know it will be a huge sacrifice for her and because of that it shows her love even more.

3 comments:

dede said...

what a nice tribute - i hope they do make it here - how great that would be for you and the kids!!

Charlene said...

Your mom looks like she had so much fun. Is this tribute an incentive for her to come sooner?:)

Amy said...

Moms/grandmas are the best! I imagine your mom is just over the mooon when she gets to be with your kids. So they are going to move out to Utah to be closer to you? How great for you and the kids! I wish we could convince my parents to do the same, but I guess we kind of have to be in a stable location for more than a few years, 'eh? So I guess that means you and Monte are staying put for the long haul? At least I'll know where to find you!