Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Dresses

Alright I better set the record straight about these dresses. Aren't they absolutely adorable. My favorite is the purses that go with them!! So fun. So for the last couple of years my wonderful friend and neighbor says lets make Easter dresses and like with all of her suggestions I say, "Okay!" So luckily for me she is super talented and patient and either teaches me so kindly or takes the dress away from me and says, "Let me do that part."
So as for Sydney's dress I did do most of it. I cut out both dresses and purses. On Sydney's I sewed and gathered everything but she took over and put the two pieces together so that I could make lunch for our kids and start on Kaitlyn's dress!
Same for Kaitlyn she did the putting them together. But as for the purses I ran out of time before my family got here and totally screwed up Kaitlyn's trying to go too fast, so Jodi did those!! And being the great friend that she is would never say anything if I took all the credit for making them. I love that about Jodi. But I am learning and I love sewing with her. It also seems like such a wonderful accomplishment. Dresses stay sewed dishes do not stay washed!!
So thank you Jodi for being an awesome teacher. I love doing it even when I am saying all sorts of bad things about you as I am gathering! I do love it and I can't wait till you call and tell me what I am tackling next. And of course I will say, "Okay!"

5 comments:

Jodi said...

What can I say, I love to get you into crazy things and that you do say Okay. I need someone to go long with my madness. That is why that I love being your friend. Thanks!!!

dede said...

good job kim! they are really pretty and the girls looked pretty in them!

Charlene said...

very pretty dresses. I hope you had fun making them!

Lara said...

They're gorgeous! :)

Amy said...

Having help doesn't lessen your own accomplishment! Good job! (The whole taking it away from you and saying "Let me do that for you" part sounds a lot like you and me and typing...) :)