Friday, March 7, 2008

A Wonderful Winter Day

I had so much fun yesterday with my kids. I took Britton, Chandler and Kaitlyn up to Soldier Hollow to go cross-country skiing and sledding. We had a great day. Look at this wonderful view that alone was a nice day.
The first thing we did was go skiing. I was nervous none of us have ever been cross country skiing before. I was impressed how well everyone did. Chandler and Britton took to it so easily. Britton was great at leading the way to go. Chandler could go down the hills like a wild man and still stay on his feet. I wish I could say the same! As for Kaitlyn she did great the only problem she had was going uphill she didn't weigh enough and sometimes she would just slide back down. My arms are still sore from stopping her.
Now this is the life. We went sledding where you sit on the sled and they pull you up the hill and then you slide down. I will never sled the other way again!! And there are no trees to run into! This is Kaitlyn kicking back enjoying herself as she is pulled up the hill.
I had a really fun time. It is days like this that you remember to have fun with the kids and not just be the mom all the time. I loved it!



This is one of the last runs the kids did this day. They discovered how to hold onto each other and go down the hill as a group.

4 comments:

Lara said...

It looks like such a fun day you had, although I'm jealous of all the snow. We've had so little this year we feel like we've been gypped.

Charlene said...

It looks like you had a great time. So that is what winter looks like without the -20 windchill? Miss the winter weather over there!!!

dede said...

how fun - what a great day to go as well!! i loved your pictures!!

Jodi said...

Looks like it was so much fun. Now I know what you didn't want to take Connor. Your arms really would have hurt.