Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Syd

My little Sydney has a few anxieties in life. One of them would me mommy leaving the house. We have a routine we go through when I leave. I must kiss her goodbye, then hug her goodbye, then say goodbye (only after she says it), then she will tell me that she will miss me and I must repeat that and if all the stars are aligned correctly I will then be allowed to leave the house.

Now to help with her anxiety I often don't let her know I am going until it is time for me to leave. But the other night I was getting ready to go to a church meeting and she figured out I was leaving. I still had an hour before I had to be there but she started bombarding me with wanting to know when I was leaving. I let her know it wasn't for quite a while and I promise not to leave without telling her. ( I would never leave without telling her that would be a huge mistake!)

Well she followed me around for awhile asking about every 30 seconds if I was leaving now. Then all of a sudden she was gone. I went to go downstairs and found her at the garage door legs spread and arms spread across the door barricading the way. (Not that I can't lift her 27 pound body) but she was doing her best to block my way. I told her I was just going downstairs and there was no reason to stand there and wait for me. But when I came back up she was still there. I went back to my room to finish getting ready and when I went to leave the above picture is what I found. She hadn't given up her post but she had fallen asleep! She looked so cute it was hard to leave knowing how hard she worked to keep me here. But I woke her up gave her a kiss and a hug and told her I loved her and would miss her and she went back to sleep on the couch.

Wow how I love this little girl and all of her little quirks!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

You are a good mom! This too shall pass...soon!

Jodi said...

That is so cute and funny all in the same time. Good luck with that.

Amy said...

That is such a cute story. Poor mommy. I am amazed at how much she looks like you (in the picture on the left of your blog). Do people tell you that much?