Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had such a fantastic time with Mema and Papa being in town for Easter. The kids couldn't get enough of their grandparents. We went to the park and played and they saw tons of movies. When we lived in the same town Mema and Papa always took the kids to the movies so when they come to visit a lot of movies are seen! Connor wasn't so sure about these people who wanted to hug and cuddle him all the time. But after a few dozen M&M's from Mema and tickles from Papa he started to smile and get excited to see them when they walked in. But no need to worry Mema and Papa it is only a matter of time before he too is smitten and in love with you guys!!
We had so much fun. We decorated Easter Eggs together. Everyone got into it. Even Connor and Papa. Papa decorated one elaborate egg. As for Connor he began coloring on the egg and then decided it was better just to eat it!
I couldn't get Connor to cooperate for a big family picture so this is as close as I got on Easter morning. (by the way those cute dresses the girls have on I made--but that's another blog)
I had an absolute wonderful holiday. Anytime I can spend it with my family I am happy. I just wish my two brothers could have been there. Overall the holiday was wonderful!

As for my brother I love you Christopher and my prayers are with you right now!! Everything will be all right!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Those are great pictures. Oh and also great looking dresses. I love them.

dede said...

how fun to be with your family - i am glad the weather was nice enough to get out - looks like a blast!!

Lara said...

You have five kids, homeschool, and you still have time to sew their dresses? I am very impressed!

You have a cute family!

Amy said...

How great to be with family on holidays. And you can sew your kids' dresses? And you homeschool? Oh my goodness. How is it I never knew my roommate was superwoman? (I mean, I knew you were super typer, but really...) :)