Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Heavenly Father Please Protect My Family

Every year Monte and I put money aside from our tax return to increase our food storage. This year I decided we also needed to make 72 hour kits. What a job!! Today while grocery shopping I started tackling this job. Lets just say by the time I left Walmart it was hard to tell that Connor was even in the grocery cart and Kaitlyn was begging to leave.

So 72 hour kits for 7 people is not an easy task. I think I should have tried putting it together a little bit at a time. But my family will survive in 72 hours (maybe not pleasantly) but we will survive. So as of tonight they are all in backpacks on my bedroom floor. Now I am making a list of how I would improve them when the bug hits me again. But for those of you who know Monte I did this endeavor SPREAD SHEET FREE!! (That is until he finds out I made them and then goes back and creates a spread sheet! You got to love him)

But now I am praying that Heavenly Father notices my faithfulness and never makes us use them!!

3 comments:

dede said...

we had a similar experience with chase at costco tonight - ended up grabbing 2 carts - and although I hope Heavenly Father blesses you - I will now know where to go if he doesn't!!

Charlene said...

It's amazing how much you can accomplish without using a spreadsheet.:) Good for you! Roger and I are also in the process of doing the same thing. We also discovered last Sunday that we did not have our winter survivial kits in the van on our way home from church. The bitter cold, wind blowing, snow drifts on the roads were great reminders of our lack of preparedness!!

Jodi said...

I am going to tell him. I want to see a spreadsheet on this. LOL
Just kidding your good for doing it.
If you want extra blessings you can plan my singing time too.