Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Happen??

You know that on the inside I still feel like I am about 22. I mean when I took my 12 year old into a teen store to buy clothes and pulled out my American Express (don't leave home without it!) I felt like, what am I doing being the mother? I should still be young enough my mom is here with me. That is how I feel on the inside!

So the other day I took Chandler (9) on a mile bike ride, he had to do for his Bear Badge. I thought no big deal. I walk 3 miles ALMOST every morning this will be fun and a good time for the two of us to share! I got 4 houses down and could no longer breathe let alone talk with my son!! In fact as we rounded the corner a neighbor family was out for a walk I could only wave to them I was too embarrassed if they heard me wheezing to try and talk to them. By the end of the ride I was on shaky legs and wasn't doing so good.

What happened? What happened to my body that I had that could walk all over BYU's campus and not break a sweat. Where did the girl who did the RB stairs daily go? She is inside me screaming to get out. But she doesn't realize she now has 5 children and is better off in my head!

5 comments:

Saralin said...

I feel the exact same way. On the plus side your 22 year old self probably didn't have your current American Express credit limit. My 22 year old self didn't even have an American Express.

dede said...

If it makes you feel better, I was wheezing just doing the walking part today (although I am much older than you ;) on the other hand, if I had gone on that bike ride with you, I am sure I would be complaining about my sore butt instead of my lack of breathing (or maybe both - better not try it)!

Lara said...

I've been asking myself the same questions.

Charlene said...

I know what happened, I am not excited about it! I am with you when it comes to biking!

Ginny said...

Welcome to my world. Get back to me how you feel when you have a 20 year old MARRIED child! I have recently realized that when I dream, I am often 20 years old and shopping with my daughter who is the same age - how weird is that? Miss You!