Sunday, January 18, 2009

California Snowman


So I grew up in California. I had never
seen snow fall until my freshman year
at BYU.
I didn't realize snowmen aren't really round
balls of snow. (I tried- it is impossible
to make the picture perfect snowman-
well at least for me!)
Also I never really understood
flocking a Christmas tree. Why would you put
that white stuff on? Then one day I
was walking home from classes at BYU and passed a
spruce tree and I had an "ah ha moment"
I get it flocking is like snow!
I am not a snow person.

So Syd and Con and I decided to build a
snowman. This is our great guy.
I had to hurry and snap a picture
before Connor ate all of his mouth and eyes
AKA- Sweet Tarts.
I also don't know what you use to pile up
all the snow but we used our old beach toys.
(They don't get a lot of use since we
moved to Utah!)

So when the snowman was all over we

made a snow castle fortress to guard our

beloved creation.

That's how you make a snowman

California style!

4 comments:

dede said...

your snowman is a little lacking, but your snowfort seems to be off to a good start (maybe you should take pointers from your neighbor across the street - the ones with that 10 foot snowman - how did they do that??)!

Lara said...

It's been almost two years since our last real snowstorm and my kids are getting SO antsy for it! Every time they hear of a big snowstorm somewhere else (especially Utah) they get green with envy. Today it flurried for five minutes and my kids put on all their snow gear and headed out in excitement. Alas, all they caught were a few flakes on their tongues before it stopped.

PS I think your snowman is very cute!

kat said...

oh kim - i came to catch up on your blog and i see you have the life of pi still on your page =) i am surprised that is not making you gag everytime you log on to preview your entries ;) thanks for letting all the boys play so much with yours lately; you are truly my hero~! now if only they survive the new semester changes that start today and maybe we can get thru the rest of this week...
p.s. your snowman is better than my nonexisting one lol

Saralin said...

I love your snowman! My kids always use my bread pans to make snow forts. I will suggest the beach pails next time they want to build.