Sunday, January 25, 2009

Syd's Baby Sister

My Sydney has a great imagination.
Lots of her friends have mommies that are
having babies right now.
So she thinks she is having a baby sister soon.
This is a conversation I overheard with her
and her grandmother "Mema."
Syd: Mema I am having a baby sister soon.
Mema: You are?
Syd: Yep, she is in my tummy.
Mema: Syd you can only have a baby if you
are married.
Syd: What?
Mema: Mommies have to be married first.
Syd: Well I am getting married to my boyfriend!
Mema: You are? Who is your boyfriend?
Syd: Oh, his name is Salsa! We are getting married
and then I am having my baby sister!!

7 comments:

Lara said...

What would we do without kids to keep us entertained? What a little sweetie pie!

dede said...

she should name her baby sister Chip!

Bobette said...

So cute! I get comments like "so, I grew in someone else's tummy?" from Aidan. I loved Dede's attempt at the joke there.

Kim said...

I just got it!

Ginny said...

She sounds like something Abby would have come up with at that age. They have such a huge imagination!

Saralin said...

Very funny story. I don't get Dede's joke. Clue me in later.

kat said...

Sara - her boyfriend/husband's name is Salsa~! Nice one Dede~! But dang it, it's the middle of the night and now I want some queso...