Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Decorating Creations

Okay so right before Christmas I decided to rearrange bedrooms.
Not the best timing in the world, but
when the mood strikes- go with it!
We moved Britton upstairs
and the girls took his room downstairs.
His room downstairs is larger and since the girls have to share
we decided to give it to them.
Also it never hurts to have your teenager in
hearing distance from you.
We've all been there!

So this is Britton's room.
We went with blue as the wall color and black as the secondary color.
(if his bed was made you would see his comforter is black,
the frames are black, and when I finish making the curtains they will be black)
I think it turned out really nice.
The great thing is he loves his new room!

But in my house I only have one girl room.
So I let my imagination go!
This is what I did.
The room itself is white and then I created this border.
The squares are 15"X15"
and then after I painted them I trimmed off each square.
In these blocks above the window I am thinking about writing "Sisters" in vinyl letters.
Just one letter per block.
It would fit perfectly across this wall.
What do you think?


I really like how it turned out.

It was a lot of work but it makes a basement room so much brighter and cheery.

So with their pink polka dotted comforters

it is a fun and cheery little girls room. I am proud of it.

So what do you think?

(even if I was crazy enough to do it the week before Christmas.)

7 comments:

novidiac said...

there must have been something in the air those weeks before Christmas.... I was redoing and painting bedrooms too....

I think it turned out sweetly... I totally understand the excitement in having fun with the only girl room!

Jody said...

Wow! I am impressed! So, when we decide to redo Braxton's room, I can call on you, the expert, right?

Fabulous job!

Charlene said...

Finally we get to see the pictures!! You are crazy, but I like what you have done! It looks very pretty and girlie!!

dede said...

I love it! You did a great job with both rooms, and the neighbors room and the other neighbors room...

Saralin said...

I really like how they turned out. Good Job!

DocMisty said...

Hey - no fair. The walls of my house are still that nasty flat paint the builders used . . . has it been 6 or 7 years ago . . . I think. Hmmm. Maybe I could pick up a gallon of paint and do one little wall . . .since your rooms look so nice!

Amy said...

You are a brave soul. I'd love to paint some rooms, but I keep coming up with excuses why it's too inconvenient right now. I guess I just need to do it. (Like Pres. Benson said. :)) I like the vinyl letters idea. You can always remove them later if you end up not liking it. Good work!